Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thank you!

It was as if Christmas had arrived early when I saw that PennDOT had erected two additional stop signs at the intersection of Routes 841 and 926, making it into a four-way stop. Those of us who frequent this intersection have become accustomed to seeing both near-misses and the aftermath of non-misses. Motorists on 926 seem to be getting used to stopping, but I'm still going to be really cautious for a while before assuming that they will.
I've come in for some gentle teasing about this by an urban sophisticate friend (he lives in downtown West Chester), but it really does improve my life and the lives of other locals, judging by the downright joyous comments on Facebook. Next on my wish list: a similar four-way stop at the intersection of Routes 841 and 842.
Other thank you's, in addition to PennDOT and the local officials who made the stop signs possible:
  • The guys at Unionville Feed and Pet, for always knowing exactly I'm looking for 
  • Charlie at the Unionville Post Office, for always being so cheerful
  • Paula at Perkins, for remembering how I like my eggs and ensuring we always get perfectly cooked pancakes
  • Cintra and Judy at Willowdale Country Store, for helping me choose a scarf
  • John at Sterling Optical, for fixing my eyeglasses so quickly
  • Jen and the rest of the staff, front and back of house, at the Farmhouse Restaurant, for making a recent family celebration a beautiful and memorable event.

No comments:

Post a Comment