Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanks from Tilda

This being Thanksgiving (and what a wonderful holiday it is!), I want to say thank you to my readers for all the kind comments I've received about my little column since it started in September:
  • "It's like an old-fashioned hometown paper, the way newspapers used to be."
  • "It's the first thing I read in the paper."
  • "I wish we had one in my town!"
  • "We absolutely love it. It's so local."
  • "How do you find out all that stuff?"
Quite frankly, I was surprised when the editor of this paper told me he had fallen in love with my blog and asked if he could run it as a weekly column. But apparently he knows his audience: I think people want a change from the ugly, nasty, snark-filled name-calling that passes for discourse these days, and they seem to adore reading about the "little" news, with no "spin" added, that's going on in their backyard.
Especially when it's such a colorful backyard as Unionville.

No comments:

Post a Comment