Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jake's Burgers

The other day at the shopping center a guy handed me a flyer for a special promotion at Jake's Wayback Burgers and informed me, with supreme confidence, that their milkshakes were simply the best.
I was not about to resist a sales pitch like that. So the other night, after an afternoon of yard work, I went to Jake's with two of my favorite dinner companions, all of us first-time visitors.
Taste-Testers #1 and #2 had Jake's Cheeseburgers (two patties) and they were delicious; Taste-Tester #3, the youngest member of the party, had the chicken fingers, his usual order at restaurants, and reported they were very good.
All of us had the French fries, which were fresh, hot and the right degree of crispy.
"I'm not a big fan of fries, but these were good," said Taste-Tester #1.
And, yes, all three of us had the milkshakes, which were ice-cold and just the right consistency -- very good.
The place was bustling on a Saturday at 6 p.m., mostly with families. There are ten tables, plus counter space, and you can order your meal to go as well.
Jake's is on Route 1 east of Kennett Square, between Applebee's and the Hilton Garden Inn.
(If it were up to me, I would add that the yummy milkshakes were enhanced by the retro-style metal containers they came in, but that didn't impress jaded Taste-Tester #3: "Who cares?" he opined.)

No comments:

Post a Comment