Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sayonara, stink bugs!

Only someone who has suffered the stench and annoyance of these pests for the past several months will appreciate my ecstatic delight at discovering what I believe to be the perfect disposal method: a simple Zip-Loc bag. Drop them in, seal the top, and the bugs are trapped and their nauseating, lingering odor is contained. No squishing or flushing necessary, and no need to waste tissues, toilet paper or paper towels for collection purposes. I didn't get sprayed once while collecting this haul.
This photo represents half-a-day's worth of captured stink bugs -- and many of my friends around here have a much, much worse problem than I do. In them, I'm sure this photo will engender only a mirthless laugh.
I know some sensitive folks will bemoan this as emblematic of Americans' desire to dominate and destroy anything that inconveniences them. To them I say: I'd be glad to deliver the full bag to your house. YOU can coexist with them all you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment