Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Too much noise, Grace!"

It was a cold, rainy Sunday, and there was no possibility of taking a walk, so for the first time in literally years I went to the movies. A friend warned me to expect boorish behavior in the cinema, like oblivious youths jabbering away on their cell phones, and ear-splitting soundtracks.
I did experience a bit of sticker shock ($9.50 for a ticket, $7 for not-great popcorn), but my fellow patrons were perfectly civilized and polite, and I wasn't bothered at all by the volume level.
I mentioned to my friend how wrong she had been, and she gave me an incredulous look.
"Tilda," she pointed out, "you went to see Jane Eyre."

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Awesome.

    So, you finally saw it. How was it? Where was it playing? The closest it came to me was a theater in Philly. I'm waiting for Redbox.

    ReplyDelete