Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heat of the moment

I don't want to sound like a Ford F150 commercial, but hats off to those hard-working, cheerful folks who, no matter how hot it gets, are still out there weed-whacking fence lines, cutting, raking and baling hay, clearing fallen branches, and keeping our country roadsides tidy. They start before dawn and they turn on their headlights to keep on working after dark. Unlike me, they don't need to go to the gym to work out.
Whenever I'm tempted to grumble about a messy project or a vexing client, I think: Yep, it may be dull looking at a computer screen for hours on end, but I'm sitting here in a comfy chair, in shorts, with a fan on me and a glass of iced tea sweating on a coaster.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad they're illegal aliens and would be deported immediately if members of a certain political party had their way!

    ReplyDelete