Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big brother

I was driving on one of my favorite back roads on Sunday evening, on my way to dinner at the house of some dear friends, when I spotted a young boy, a man and a dog ambling along the side of the road. The boy waved to me, so I stopped and said hi. He explained that he had flagged me down so he could introduce me (a complete stranger) to his week-old baby sister, who was sleeping in her father's arms.
The lad told me about her birth, and how he is enjoying being a big brother -- and then asked me to demonstrate my car's sunroof and said he wanted a car like mine when he grew up.
The father said, somewhat apologetically, that if I let him the boy would've talked and asked questions all evening. If I wasn't already late for dinner I would've stayed longer. Charming child!

No comments:

Post a Comment