Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Runnin' around my brain

After coffee with a friend at Landhope this beautiful morning, I was on my way home on Route 82. Near the elementary school a middle-aged jogger was trotting along on the shoulder of the road, and between him, my car and the oncoming tractor-trailer, it was a seriously tight fit.
Why on earth was he jogging on the narrow shoulder when there is a lovely, and much safer, brick sidewalk running alongside the road? I've been puzzling over that all day. Maybe he had a good reason, but as a runner myself I'm just not seeing it.
Also spotted in Unionville: the patriotic signs posted by Catherine's restaurant for the Sept. 11 anniversary. Just another reason this delightful place is way up there on my lunch playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment