Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I said NO!

This morning before I went to the gym I stopped by Ulta, a national chain store on Concord Pike in Delaware, to take advantage of a sale on the shampoo I like. I bought probably a year's supply, plus a couple more things that caught my eye, and went to the checkout.
The clerk asked if I had a frequent buyer card.
No, I said.
Did I want one? she asked hopefully. It wasn't a credit card and I'd get coupons, she said.
No, I said.
She rang up my purchases and then asked if I wanted to donate to the store's breast cancer awareness program.
No, I said.
She then told me I qualified for a few issues of some fashion magazine and gave me a slip to fill out, pointing to the 800 number that you had to call so they didn't automatically renew your "free" subscription.
No, I said.
Finally she let me pay and get on with my day. Honestly!
Attention management: We customers just want to shop and leave. This kind of time-wasting hassle from salespeople is NOT a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Ulta is one of the worst, I must say. I go in for shampoo, too (although not a year's supply) and have to say no to the same questions every time. Too bad salespeople don't have cookies like a computer so they could just remember my answers.

    ReplyDelete