Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stottsville Inn

How can it be that I haven't written about one of my favorite lunch spots, the Stottsville Inn?
I've been going there for years. It's a very comfortable spot and the food is really tasty, whether you order a sandwich (the salmon on pita bread is my current favorite) or a larger meal of, perhaps, fish or pasta. Their lobster bisque and snapper soup are particularly good and I love their vegetables, even the cooked carrots. The owner and chef is Jack Saleh; odds are good he'll come out from the kitchen and greet you.
I've also been to Stottsville for banquets and special events, and in the evening there's a very friendly crowd of locals at the bar. Legend has it there's even a ghost who lives upstairs!
Stottsville Inn is at 3512 Strasburg Road, between Weaver's Mulch and Parkesburg. The menus and hours are on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment