Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And on earth peace, good will toward men

For me, the biggest challenge of the Christmas season is trying to make bright conversation while balancing a little plate of hors d'oeuvres and a wine glass without dropping them. I usually end up both spilling something AND putting my foot in my mouth.
But for a lot of people the general merriment of December is doubly hard. Perhaps they're facing a health challenge, or they've recently lost a loved one (human or animal), and they feel isolated from the rest of us who are rushing around happily buying gifts and devouring shrimp and mini-quiches.
Think about it. I'll bet you know somebody who's sick, or grieving, or going through another kind of rough time. Don't forget about him or her this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment