Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Near miss

Another traffic menace! Last week I wrote about a woman who blew through the stop sign at London Grove (Street and Newark Roads). And today I was pulling out of the Jennersville Y when a woman heading east on Baltimore Pike ran the red light. I mean, the light had been green on my side for probably five seconds. It wasn't even close. If the guy in front of me hadn't braked he would have been T-boned.
I followed the elderly woman (there was a handicapped placard on her mirror) as she pulled into the Jennersville shopping center and went up to her as she got out of her car, telling her that she had just nearly caused an accident.
She looked at me blankly. "I ran a red light?"
Perhaps some people should consider handing over their car keys?

No comments:

Post a Comment