Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Food for birds and people

Faithful and observant "Unionville in the News" reader Jim sent me an email urging me to keep my hummingbird feeder replenished with nectar through the end of September: "They may not have left for the season. This morning I would have written that I saw one last Wednesday, but now I shall report that I saw one just an hour ago sitting on one of my feeders. It is possible that the summer residents have departed, but now we have migrants to think of."
Jim also contributed his two cents to the ongoing Genuardi's/Giant compare-and-contrast discussion: "I believe that when Genuardi’s was sold to Safeway (or whoever), the prices went up and the quality went down. Three cheers for the Giant; especially for the gas discount!
Jim's thoughts are echoed by another of my correspondents, who said she stopped going to Genuardi's "except when they had a good sale" or she wanted their olive bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment