Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Ferm

On Sept. 28 I was walking along State Street in Kennett, on my way to a family dinner at the Half-Moon Saloon, when I spotted my friend and neighbor Claire Murray of Inverbrook Farm. It turns out that Claire was one of the organizers of the Fourth Annual Fermentation Festival, and I had stumbled upon the "Meet the Makers" event that was going on that evening along Sycamore Alley. I was already late for dinner but I assured her I'd be back.
I'm glad I did! There were all sorts of nice folks on hand displaying their fermented food and drink: cheese, wine, spirits, beer and cider. Doe Run Farms from right here in West Marlborough was offering samples of their home-made cheese. I was especially intrigued by an organic ginger spirit called Snap, from Art in the Age.
The event was hosted by Kennett Square Farmers’ Market, Historic Kennett Square's Brewfest, and Talula’s Table. 
One of the press people covering the event took my photo, and wrote down my name, for some kind of a Philadelphia publication. Oh, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment