Thursday, January 31, 2013

Up in the air

I first wrote about the Chester County Hot Air Balloon Festival two summers ago, when I was coming home from a party near Marshallton and just happened upon this huge event that I hadn't heard anything about. And then during last summer's fest, while I was out for an evening walk, I saw several of the balloons drifting silently over Doe Run.
Well, the ballooning enthusiasts had to move their event because the Embreeville Complex where it was held has been sold. So where's it going to be in 2013? At Plantation Field here in Unionville! Those of us who live nearby should be able to get a great view from our backyards. The event is set for June 14 and 15. Plantation Field is on the north side of Route 82 west of Unionville, between Green Valley Road and Tapeworm Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment