Thursday, March 14, 2013

Frank's happy

Well, at least somebody's happy about West Marlborough Township's new 0.5 percent earned income tax: Frank, my accountant! I've been going to him for probably 15 years, and every year his bill would include a fee for preparing my local tax return. Every year I'd phone him and say no, we don't have a local tax in West Marlborough, and he'd apologize and say he forgot to delete that line item because it was so uncommon for a municipality NOT to have a local tax. (Sometimes he'd blame a co-op student.)
So when I handed him my Keystone local tax forms this year, he chuckled (he's a cheerful guy) and said, "Hey! I'll finally get it right!" He said the only other client he has who doesn't pay a local tax lives in some remote part of Bucks County.
While he was going through my paperwork and we were chatting, he also praised a new employee of his who used to work for the federal government. It seems this guy "thinks" like an IRS official and has scored a series of "no-change audits," always a huge asset for an accounting firm.

1 comment: