Thursday, May 23, 2013

Competition

In the May 21 primary election, incumbent West Marlborough Township supervisor Bill Wylie held off a challenge from retired Unionville Elementary teacher Don Silknitter, 49 votes to 38 (56% to 43%). Voter turnout in West Marlborough was 18% (lame, but still better than the county-wide 10%): 87 West Marlborough Republicans came out to vote (31% of the total number of township Republicans) and 22 Democrats (10% of the total number of township Democrats). One explanation for the discrepancy might be that the supervisors' race was only on the Republican ticket.
Inspired by all of my pals who ran the Kennett Run last weekend, I decided to take a mid-day break from my editing work to jog down to the polling place. I planned to walk back. Unfortunately, I kept seeing people on the way back -- boys fishing, people riding, motorists I knew -- and I just couldn't let them see me walking while wearing my running clothes. So I ended up jogging (actually trotting) most of the way back. All uphill. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment