Thursday, June 27, 2013

Roadmaster

A friend of mine can't get Federal Express to deliver to her place, so she had a new swinging rope chair (the kind that hangs from a hook on your porch ceiling) shipped to my house. It arrived (the FedEx drivers know my house very well) and en route to a family dinner that evening, I went to drop it off to her. Alas, I found my way blocked by a downed tree on Powell Road, between Green Valley and Scott Roads.
I was befuddled for a moment: Wait, I thought. Here is a problem I can't talk my way out of! I snapped a photo, posted it online to warn others, then turned around and drove to Kennett for dinner. On the way home I approached her house from the "other" direction and delivered the chair. And who did I see coming down Powell Road but Newlin Township Supervisor Rob Pearson on a front-end loader! I stopped and waved to him and started to gesture in the direction of the fallen tree.
No need to explain.
"I'm on it," he called out with a grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment