Thursday, June 13, 2013

What was I thinking?

Tilda's strategizing skills clearly need some help.
This evening the Cranky Friend and I were having a drink at the Half-Moon (which, by the way, just turned 16!) and realized that dinnertime was rolling around. Lucky for us, Lily's sushi restaurant is just steps away.
"You buy the drinks, I'll buy dinner," I offered. He accepted immediately.
Really bad decision on my part. Because it was still "happy hour" our bar tab was only $10! The bartender said she'd overheard my generous suggestion and wanted to stop me before it was too late.
The Suddenly-Not-so-Cranky Friend was utterly gleeful the rest of the evening. He scanned the sushi menu for the most expensive item and briefly considered ordering the "sushi for two" platter and eating it all himself.
But he didn't, and even let me have a shrimp out of his Tom Yum soup, an unheard-of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment