Thursday, October 3, 2013

Give a pint. Save a stinkbug.

This afternoon I arrived at the American Red Cross blood drive at the ChesLen Preserve headquarters on Cannery Road -- only to find that it was cancelled. It seems the Red Cross personnel arrived and were not happy when they saw some stinkbugs in the room where the drive was going to be held. They considered it an unsanitary and inappropriate condition; I'm told the nurses even contacted their union rep.
I'm sure the Red Cross personnel were just following their rules and putting safety first, but I suspect they're not from around here. If they were, they'd know how plentiful stinkbugs are all over Chester County in the autumn, even in immaculately kept homes. If they consider some stinkbugs on the wall to be an infestation, all our homes would be condemned for sure.
The ChesLen people could not have been nicer and more apologetic to us donor wannabes about the situation, but it wasn't their fault, and no one grumbled. I was actually amused. I guess I'll have to donate my pint of A-positive somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment