Sunday, October 27, 2013

Litter patrol

Early Sunday morning I joined a bunch of neighbors at Doe Run Village and, after having some coffee and donuts, we donned orange safety vests and work gloves and set out to remove litter from along Route 82. I've done this several times before and it's always fun (as I kept telling myself when the alarm rang at 7:05). Once we got moving and the sun rose a little higher, it turned out to be a beautiful morning for an autumn walk.
The litter wasn't very interesting: I'd say an unopened and discarded "Final Notice" for an E-Z Pass violation took the blue ribbon this time. Coors Light seems to be the beverage of choice among litterers, although we did find a four-pack of Sutter Home Chardonnay and some pony bottles of Corona. My partner and I had an especially easy job because one landowner keeps her side of the road utterly pristine.

No comments:

Post a Comment