Sunday, May 11, 2014

Plant Sale

This was at least the twentieth year that I've attended the Plant Sale at London Grove Friends Meeting, and it was as wonderful as ever. Even though we arrived before 8 a.m. on Saturday, the parking lot was already full of cars. In fact, the early-birds were just leaving, laden down with boxes full of green things. I made a beeline for the geraniums: the Plant Sale always has such beautiful, big, healthy bright-red ones, and in my experience they tend to sell out early. After I had purchased enough to fill the window boxes, I could relax, get a cup of coffee and wander around.
Pat Mooberry made some excellent suggestions for some low-maintenance perennials, and we took her up on them. Margaret Walton helped me pick out a perfect hanging basket for Mother's Day. And if I listed everyone else I saw, either volunteering or shopping, I'd have no room for anything else. I'll just say that it was, as always, a great community event, full of hugs and fellowship and presided over by the magnificent London Grove Oak.
Happily for everyone, the weather was warm and sunny, and I'm told that the afternoon's thunderstorm held off until just after everything had been cleaned up and put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment