Friday, June 13, 2014

The waiting room

I was working through my lengthy to-do list on Friday and around lunchtime stopped off at the Tolsdorf oil-change place on Baltimore Pike near Longwood Gardens. Who should be in the waiting room but two of my best pals, neither of whom I had seen for ages. We immediately squealed and hugged and started catching up, much to the amusement of the customer sitting across from us reading a business magazine. He told us we shouldn't worry about him spreading any of our indiscreet chitchat anyway, as he is moving away to the Poconos.
The nice guy at the counter was very understanding as well. He said it actually happens all the time that friends run into each other while getting their cars serviced.
(By the way, I hope Chris Ross's successor in office, whoever he or she may be, distributes those red, white and blue "Things to Do Today" note pads, because I go through them like crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment