Thursday, July 17, 2014

Two thumbs up!

It's rare that a big-screen movie comes out that I want to see, so it wasn't until Sunday, July 13, that we got around to visiting the revamped AMC Painters Crossing movie theater at Routes 1 and 202. I was very impressed; it's really a whole new paradigm of cinemas. They've added food and beverage service right in the theater. Waiters and waitresses take your order at the beginning of the show and then bring your meal to you at your seat. There's enough ambient light in the theater that you can see what you're eating, and there are fold-out trays for your plate. The food menu reminded me of the one at Applebee's and, of course, you can still order the traditional popcorn. There's also a multipage drink menu, with "upgrades" for pricier liquors.
I got a surprise when our waitress greeted me by name -- she is my mail carrier!
Now if Hollywood would just make quieter and less violent movies . . . (Some friends told me they actually bring earplugs to wear during the 15 minutes of deafening ads and previews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment