Friday, September 19, 2014

UTILITIES: How to annoy customers really quickly

I really should stick to my policy of not answering all "unknown" phone calls (that is, ones that don't give the caller's name).
This afternoon I got a call and out of curiosity picked it up. It was a recorded customer service survey from a Major Utility Company asking about my recent call to them. Was I satisfied with the service?
I responded yes; the rep had been helpful.
The recorded voice continued: "You answered yes. If this is correct, please say yes."
I did not answer "yes." In fact, I hung up. Were they going to ask me to confirm THAT "yes" with yet another one? This could have gone on all afternoon! And if they were going to accept the second "yes," why couldn't they just accept the first "yes" and move on? Who writes these scripts anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment