Thursday, December 11, 2014

CREATIVITY: Elbow macaroni: accept no substitutes

The Shopping Partner and I were in the grocery section of the Kennett Wal-Mart the other day, buying fixin's for macaroni and cheese for a potluck supper. As he was scanning the shelves for the correct-size box of elbow macaroni, I suggested that perhaps using shell-shaped pasta would be a nice change of pace.
Silly me.
"Shells?!" he said in disbelief. In loud disbelief. "SHELLS?!"
It seems that in some people's minds, mac and cheese can be made with only one type of pasta, and that type of pasta is elbow macaroni. This was explained to me in very plain language.
The shopper standing a ways down the aisle tried really hard to contain his amusement during this exchange but was as unsuccessful as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment