Saturday, April 4, 2015

LOST PETS: A creative use for GPS tracking

Every day on my Facebook feed, inevitably I see photos of several lost pets, with frantic pleas from their panicking owners. So the person who came up with the TAGG GPS Pet Tracker should by rights be a very wealthy individual by now. I saw this device on sale at the Verizon store the other day and was fascinated. It attaches to your pet's collar and allows you to track his or her whereabouts, sending you a text message when the pet leaves the zones you've defined.
On Tagg's website is a testimonial from a Landenberg woman: "Last weekend I went out to dinner with friends. Upon leaving the restaurant I turned my phone on to check my messages, and there it was a text from Annabelle telling me she'd "left home" at 7:00pm. Current time was 9:30pm. I raced home and managed to track her down thanks to Tagg. I live in a rural area, so it entailed much running through fields but in 1/2 an hour I had her in my arms. I should add that Anna is 12 and somewhat deaf. Not sure what lead her to leap off the deck and head out for a moonlit adventure but THANK YOU TAGG for enabling me to find my girl and bring her home safe and sound."

1 comment:

  1. trackOmeter is a GPS Tracking System with emphasis on EASY. With easy view of all your devices, easy to playback recent events and easy to see alert notifications. trackOmeter reduces the time you spend sorting through pages of reports to get a simple view of past events.

    ReplyDelete