Saturday, October 22, 2016

GOODBYE: Rest in peace, Leon

Godspeed to Leon Rowe, who died Oct. 19 after living with prostate cancer for many years. Leon, a native of West Grove, was the quintessential history buff: he taught social studies at Avon Grove High School for 30 years and, with his wife Dolores, collected old postcards and political campaign memorabilia.
Whenever I ran into Leon, whether having breakfast at Perkins or at a social get-together, I could be certain I'd hear a funny story or an interesting tidbit of local information. I've never forgotten how, during a period of grief in my life, Leon and Dolores reached out to me and took me out for a very nice dinner.
Rest easy, my friend. My heart goes out to Dolores, whose love and excellent caregiving kept him going for so long.
Visitation is 9 to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 28, at Kuzo and Grieco Funeral Home, 250 W. State St., Kennett Square, with a memorial service there at 11:30. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, contributions be sent to Neighborhood Hospice, 400 E. Marshall St., West Chester, PA 19380.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment