Friday, February 17, 2017

UNIONVILLE: Book sale Feb. 24 and 25

Just a reminder that the Unionville High School's Used Book Sale is coming up Friday, Feb. 24, and Saturday, Feb. 25.
I had fun selecting books to donate and dropped off a giant box of them at the high school the other afternoon. For years I'd thought it was mandatory to acquire all the works of my favorite authors, but I've come to realize that there's really no point in keeping the ones I don't like. The layer of dust and the pristine spines made them easy to spot on my shelves. Even a couple of Barbara Pym novels and some Agatha Christie mysteries (both of whom I adore) ended up in the donation pile.
The sale, held at the high school, runs from 4 to 9 p.m. Feb. 24 and 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 25, with the $10 "bag sale" to follow from 3 to 5 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment