Saturday, September 30, 2017

STINKBUGS: Foul and pestilent

I'm hoping that with the cooler weather that blew in on Sept. 27, the worst of the stinkbug season is over. My Bugzooka vacuum device was busy there for a few days. As soon as I'd clear one room of the disgusting creatures, they'd be all over another wall. The low point was probably when I shook at least a dozen of them out of my bathrobe one morning.
My friend Paul Haldeman wrote to share his experience with the pests:
"During this spell of hot weather we have had large numbers of stink bugs accumulating on the outside of the screens on our porch. Around 3:00 a flock of starlings has been coming by and picking the stink bugs off the screens. The stink bug population on the screens is now almost zero. Is this common in the area?"
I can only report that it certainly has not happened at my house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment