Friday, October 6, 2017

AT THE VET: A top-notch practice

I want to express my gratitude to everyone at Brandywine Valley Veterinary Hospital on Strasburg Road for their kind and professional treatment of my dear cat, Tina. She had some dental work done on Monday, and I felt dreadful about depriving her of her breakfast, stuffing her into the cat carrier, and hauling her to the vet. There is no way to convince a feline that it's for her own good, when she just wants to eat her kibble and nap on the windowsill per her usual Monday morning routine.
Everyone at the practice is so nice and compassionate. They go out of their way to create a calm, soothing atmosphere for both scared animals and worried, guilt-ridden humans. Dr. Carol Schafer called me as soon as the surgery was over (all went well) and prepared a folder of x-rays and photographs detailing the work she'd done. She even checked in with me the next morning to see how Tina was doing (healing perfectly).
I was interested to learn that although both European and American vets use the same postop pain pills for cats, the package sold in America contains only three pills, whereas European cats get six. Are American cats tougher?
Thank you from me and lots of affectionate head-butts and purring from the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment