Thursday, March 29, 2018

LOCH NAIRN: A bridal shower

I attended a delightful bridal shower at the Greathouse at Loch Nairn last weekend. The luncheon was delicious (with excellent service), it was fun to catch up with the bride-to-be and her family, and my fellow guests were full of interesting stories. (I'm editing a book on education for deaf children; what are the odds that the woman sitting next to me works with deaf people?)
A wedding shower is traditionally a ladies' event, but the groom-to-be, his father and his brother did pop in occasionally (I suspect they spent the rest of the time in the bar).
One wonderful Italian shower custom that I'd never heard of before: at the door was a table full of homemade cookies (and Girl Scout cookies!), and guests, on their way out, were encouraged to fill up a little white box and take it home. They didn't have to ask me twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment