Friday, May 4, 2018

WEST MARLBOROUGH: The Plant Sale

"See you at the Plant Sale!" I said to two neighbors as I was leaving the township meeting the other night. They didn't need to ask what plant sale I meant; it was, of course, the one held every spring under the Penn Oak at London Grove Friends Meeting. It's one of my favorite days of the year because they have such great plants and I get to see so many friends and neighbors, either shopping or volunteering.
The sale runs from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, May 12, rain or shine. London Grove Meeting is at the intersection of Newark Road and Route 926 (Street Road). 
This year, the minute I arrive, even before I start socializing, I am going to the annuals tent to buy my Rocket snapdragons. They are the best and are available nowhere else that I've found. The Plant Sale also has beautiful hanging baskets, vegetables, herbs, geraniums, perennials and groundcovers, and in the social hall there are refreshments and a bake sale to benefit the kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment