Thursday, August 23, 2018

SHOPPING: Eat more fruits and vegetables

I want to give a shout-out to Chris and Tina King's Produce Place. For a long time this marvelous little greengrocer dropped off my radar screen, but it is back there in a very big way. The shop is next to the Country Butcher at Race and East Cypress Streets in Kennett Square, which means it's literally a two-minute drive from the Kennett Y. For me, after a grueling workout, there's nothing better than one of their cold, freshly made smoothies (my choice: Berry). 
Their produce is beautiful, unblemished and delicious, their freshly squeezed juices are wonderful and their salads are the best around. I especially like their delectable cut pineapple; I don't know how they do it, but they manage to remove all those annoying little fibers that get stuck in your teeth.
The shop is open Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
An added bonus: I always run into somebody I know who is patronizing that little shopping center. One Kennett Square friend in particular seems to go there as soon as her Thursday morning gym class ends, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment