Friday, October 19, 2018

WALMART: Cranky consumers

My coffeemaker died the other day and I promptly headed to the Walmart to buy a new one. As I was walking out of the store carrying my purchase, the greeter in the lobby, politely, almost apologetically, asked to see my receipt.
"Of course," I said, handing it over. "I'm glad you checked."
She was stunned.
"Thanks for saying that," she said. "Seriously. That means a lot."
It seems a lot of customers give her a hard time. Apparently they don't think it through and realize that shoplifting costs us all money.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: At some point in their life, everyone should have to wait tables or work with the public in some other way. Then maybe they'd stop and actually think before being rude to someone who's just doing their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment