Thursday, February 14, 2019

CLOSED: Country roads

My item about roads that don't exist anymore (in last week's column) brought back memories for a Pocopson reader who has lived around here since 1964. He writes:
"I used to enjoy the occasional late-afternoon drive heading northeast on McCorkle’s Rock Road in my open MG.  And I walked on Sweet Road a few times when it was open. Sharitz Road was also a pleasant place to drive, east of 841. And I think of Bragg Hill Road to Northbrook; Creek Road from Wawaset to Lenape; Hickory Hill Road from Davidson Road to Wawaset; Larkin Bailey Road running South from Corinne / Locust Grove to Haines Mill Road. Each one of these closings probably has its own story. And there have been others, such as the one you mention from Hilltop View Road to McCorkle’s Rock. Or the extension of recently closed Lost Trail Road to the Glenhall Bridge. Oak School Road to Cannery Road."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment