Saturday, February 23, 2019

KENNETT: Mystery solved!

Every Friday at about 5:15 p.m. I drive by the Episcopal Church of the Advent en route to the Kennett Y, and for the past several weeks I've seen a truck parked there, with a line of waiting cars. At one point the cars were backed up all the way across the parking lot.
What, I wondered, is going on?
I found out when I was having breakfast with a friend who's very active in local Girl Scout activities. The truck contains cartons of Girl Scout cookies, and the cars contain cookie chairpeople picking up their weekly allotment of delectable Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies, and Shortbreads.
Dearest Partner loves Girl Scout cookie season. He says he appreciates how each box is conveniently apportioned into two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment