Wednesday, May 29, 2019

UHS: Indian Post

Even if you don't have a child or other relative at Unionville High School, reading the student newspaper, the "Indian Post," is a great way to find out what's going on at UHS from the students' point of view. If you remove the mentions of the latest apps, bands and catchphrases, the overarching issues seem to be pretty much the same as they were back in my high school days: the administration and the student body rarely see eye to eye (Example A: the controversial parking pass policy), and students are still stressed out and overworked.
You can subscribe to the Indian Post by sending $20 (cash or check) to UHS Activities, Indian Post, at the high school. They'll mail you eight copies. I've already renewed my subscription. I'm happy to support student journalism and extend my best wishes to the plucky editors-in-chief, Catherine Odum and Jenna Ahart.

No comments:

Post a Comment