Tuesday, June 18, 2019

VACCINE: I got mine

Because there's a nationwide shortage of the new shingles vaccine Shingrix, my doctor alerted me to put my name on a waiting list. My regular pharmacy didn't have any, but a few days later I happened to be in another pharmacy getting Dearest Partner's refills and asked if they had Shingrix by any chance.
Why, yes; they'd just received a shipment. Easy decision. I got the shot right there and then-- even though there was some insurance glitch and I ended up paying $169 out of pocket. (They did give me a lollipop after I got my shot.)
The Shingrix manufacturer has set up a website so you can track the popular vaccine's availability. Apparently there aren't many anti-vaxxers in the 60-and-over set, or possibly they have personal experience with shingles, which can be horribly painful and long-lasting. A dear friend of mine who has a sky-high pain threshold (and doesn't let a trifle like a fracture or a concussion interfere with her foxhunting) was in utter agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment