Wednesday, August 14, 2019

RIP: Annie Burrows

Annie C. Burrows, a counselor who lived in downtown Kennett until just a few weeks ago, died on Aug. 10 at the age of 90. When I moved here in 1990, at first I was lonely and unsure how to get involved in the community. "Make it your own," she advised me, and I took her words to heart.
Annie knew a thing or two about adversity: She grew up in Paris during the German occupation, emigrated to Canada after the war and finally moved to the States. She was active in Kennett Friends Meeting and a regular for many years at the Kennett YMCA. She was the widow of Richard Burrows, who died in 2012.
I'm sure many local people will miss her wisdom and her delightful French accent.
A memorial service is planned for 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Kennett Meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment