Wednesday, September 4, 2019

KENNETT: A "plug" for Longwood Tire

John Ross, owner of Longwood Tire and Service, saved the day for me on Tuesday morning. One of my tires just wouldn't hold air, even with two plugs in it. With my neighbor's air compressor, I inflated the tire one final time and headed to my usual tire place, only to find that they were taking an extended Labor Day vacation.
What to do? I could practically hear the air hissing out of the wounded tire. I did a Google search and found Longwood Tire at 443 McFarlan Road, south of the Chatham Financial campus. I drove over there, gingerly, and John patched my tire right away.
As I was paying my bill ($34.93), he said he'd noticed my seat cushion, a souvenir from the inaugural Unionville vs. Kennett football game in October 2005. It turns out that he, too, was at that game, watching his sons following in his footsteps playing football for Unionville!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment