Wednesday, December 4, 2019

AT THE MOVIES: Right theater, right time, wrong movie

We thought we'd purchased tickets to see the Mr. Rogers movie with Tom Hanks. It even said so on the tickets we printed out. But the first scene of the movie was anything but warm and fuzzy: it showed two German shepherds on the prowl in front of gloomy-looking mansion.
"I don't think this is the right movie," I whispered to Dearest Partner.
Sure enough, it was not "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" but "Knives Out," a brand-new murder-mystery starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer, Daniel Craig, and Don Johnson. It turned out to be hilarious, great fun, and thoroughly entertaining. Serendipity is sometimes our friend.
When we go back to see the Mr. Rogers movie, I'll remember to bring my earplugs. The volume of the previews was so painfully loud that I had to keep my fingers in my ears. I was wincing, but nobody else seemed bothered. I believe hearing aids are going to be a growth industry for this next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment