Monday, June 8, 2020

Some excellent Giant employees

It cannot be easy to work at a grocery store even at the best of times. And these days, add in the risk of virus transmission; short-tempered, entitled patrons; and new safety rules and I'm sure it's even worse.
That said, I want to give a shout-out to two employees at the New Garden Giant on Scarlett Road, Luke, who works at the self-serve registers, and Dairy Associate Jason. 
The other day Jason noticed me peering at the yogurt case, asked if he could help, and went back to the storage room to track down the exact kind of yogurt I was looking for. 
And Luke, tasked with cleaning the check-out stations after every customer, stood at attention like a Wimbledon ball-boy so he could spring into action as soon as customers took their receipts. He saw that the register was being balky and came over and got it to work, again without my even asking.
Great job, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment