Sunday, December 12, 2010

X3

Otto's BMW dealership took over the Brandywine River Museum the evening of Dec. 11 for a private unveiling of BMW's redesigned X3 model. As current X3 owners, two members of my family were invited, so the next day I got a full report: the food and drink (on all three floors!) were magnificent, the tour with Victoria Wyeth was fascinating, and the train display and the "critters" on the Christmas trees were delightful.
Oh, and the new black X3 displayed in the courtyard was very nice, with some nifty new features. (The location of cupholders is a special priority for my family.)
But what most impressed -- and surprised -- my informant was the total absence of sales pressure.
"I couldn't believe it," she said. "Nobody was there with a clipboard taking my name, or asking me for a down payment....Otto's made big points, and I think those points are going to pay off in terms of sales."

No comments:

Post a Comment