Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heaps of fun

I'm all plowed out here from that two-stage snowstorm on Jan. 26-27, and the roads were fine this afternoon (Jan. 27) except for (surprisingly) one stretch of Route 82 north of Ercildoun, and (no surprise) White Horse Road west of Route 41. We didn't lose electric power, but my parents in Chadds Ford did, for 15 hours, after a tree fell on the lines. It was down to 56 degrees in their house before my mother phoned me, jubilantly, to announce that the lights and heat were back on.
And my extremely hardy young friend Amy, who lives out toward Oxford, lost power for 18 hours during the storm. She posted the following on Facebook:
"No power. Dad's still out plowing, going on hour 13. Hope he comes home to help us get out to some place with heat and water. Until then, creek water on shop woodstove will do. Haha!"
Also, I was very disappointed to hear that we had "thundersnow," which is thunder and lightning during a snowstorm. How on earth could I have slept through something so exciting?

1 comment:

  1. You didn't get the thunder and lightning with your snow? My parents did over in West Grove, and so did I here in Jersey.

    ReplyDelete