Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exile on East Market Street

So, like, it's 4:30, and there I am, in the upstairs lounge at a hip nightclub at a CD launch party...
OK, OK. It was 4:30 in the afternoon, and the crowd at The Note in West Chester was mostly high-school kids and their camera-toting parents. I was there with my friends Denise and Jack Mizrahi listening to Windoview, the band their son Jordan plays in.
Windoview, which just released its second CD, "Pine Island," is three Unionville High School juniors: Jordan (who plays lead guitar), Andy Joseph (vocals, percussion and ukelele) and Hunter Conover (rhythm guitar and harmonica). I've seen them play several times in the past few years, and it's great to see them developing, writing new material and trying out new instruments. They recorded the new CD at TribeSounds Records.
Denise always thanks me fulsomely for coming out to see them, but it is a real pleasure to watch such talented, confident and extraordinarily poised young musicians.
Plus, The Note is a very cool venue and made me feel extremely adventurous. I can't remember the last time I was in a place where you get your hand stamped when you pay admission, or where there are burly, tattooed bouncers hanging around.
You can see Windoview live at the "Battle of the Bands" at Unionville High School from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, April 1. Admission is $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment