Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Fine Print

I bought a jar of supercharged face cream the other day and opened the little leaflet to read about all of the miraculous but absurdly expensive ingredients that are going to preserve my healthy country glow.
Clearly the stuff is made for aging skin, not for aging eyes: the pamphlet was written in the tiniest possible print, smaller even than classified-ad size. I held it as far away as possible and couldn't make out one word in any of the languages it was translated into. Finally I held it directly in the bright sunshine and could read it if I squinted -- sort of.
Think it through a little better next time, packaging consultants!
Speaking of classified ads, I spotted this one in a Lancaster County paper: "Honest, conservative individual to answer phones and good with people, etc." Conservative in terms of politics? Investment strategy? Water usage? And good with people and ... animals? Aliens? Zombies?

No comments:

Post a Comment