Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hot Air

You think you're in the loop -- until you find out that something big is going on and you knew nothing about it.
On June 18 I was en route to a party in West Bradford (fabulous party, with horses, sheep, dogs, cats and kids, great food and camaraderie) when I saw literally hundreds of cars parked at the Embreeville complex along Strasburg Road. The Chester County Hot-Air Balloon Festival was going on and I hadn't heard a word about it -- although obviously a lot of other people had.
Another guest at the party said she wished she had known about the fest because her visiting step-kids would have loved attending.
As I was leaving my party at about 9:30 p.m., the hugely successful fest was breaking up and cars were lined up from the complex all the way to Marshallton. Amazing. Lots of balloon enthusiasts out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment