Monday, June 20, 2011

Rude Boy

A few weeks back I wrote a piece urging motorists to be patient with bicyclists, and I took some heat for it. Although I still stand by my advice in theory, I do need to say that it's really obnoxious for bicyclists to block traffic by riding two or three abreast.
There was a well-attended bike ride out here on Sunday, and on Upland Road, near Thouron Road, a bicyclist was riding, literally, in the middle of the road. I mean, smack on the yellow line, with traffic backing up behind him. He could easily have moved over in front of his companion, but he didn't. Perhaps he thought that the little blinking red light on his seat made him king of the road?
Yes, the vast majority of cyclists are polite and know the rules of the road, but this is the kind of thing that gives bicyclists a bad name.

No comments:

Post a Comment