Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bumps and detours

If you're on Doe Run Station Road heading toward the village of Gum Tree, slow down and be really careful as you approach Buck Run Road. There are several treacherous rough spots along the road, and they're tough to see because the road changes abruptly from being in the sun to being in the deep shade. I speak from experience.
In other vehicular news, at the Longwood Starbucks one recent morning I ran into my friend Diana, who was on her way to fill up her gas tank at Giant using her $2-per-gallon discount. She was unfamiliar with Kennett back roads, and with Baltimore Pike closed toward Toughkenamon for roadwork, she wanted to know the best way to get home to Jennersville.
I told her to take Bancroft Road north, past the new elementary school; then Line Road west to Newark Road; then the Route 1 bypass. The next day when I saw her she thanked me for mentioning new school; that way she knew she was on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment